PRESS PLAY TO CHECK OUT ALL KARL NOVA'S VIDEOS! PRESS PLAY AND LISTEN TO KARL NOVA'S ODDCAST BELOW
My photo
Emcee/singer/Poet/Blog Junky. I'm a freedom writer, Truth seeker, Truth speaker. A cheeky joker. hehehe I'm on a journey and documenting my experience...If You need to holla at me, Email me here: KarlNovaBookings@gmail.com

Blog Archive

Taking A.I.M for real! NEW MUSIC!



Happy new year! welcome to 2015. As always we get hyped and caught up in the euphoria of crossing over into a new year. I am very aware that this will fade quick. I am very aware that the deeper reason people get hyped about this time is because deep inside we desire newness and a fresh start. The truth is it is possible to reset and start at any time but since there is this external boost that can give you motivation at this time of the year it is good to take advantage of it anyway. So many are either super enthusiastic or super cynical. I am trying to be balanced and focused.




I have dropped my new single from my upcoming EP "The Frustrated Artist" and the good folks of rapzilla were kind enough to post it. You can click on their player above to hear the track. A.I.M in the title of the song is an acronym for the following:




A stands for artistry. This is an art. Perfect your craft. Keep working on your style. Sharpen your skills. Practice. Practice and when you feel like it's so mundane and pointless practice some more. Study your craft. Observe the greats. Be a student that is forever a student. We only graduate when we leave this earth. Make excellence your watchword. I'm crafty with my craft when I craft paragraphs, I frame my frame of mind and freeze time with raps. He made the song cry, I make paragraphs and even give my song and dance a song and dance. That's what I'm trying to do. That's part of my aim.



I stands for industry. The moment you create a product and sell it and you're involved in a sphere of operation where others are buying and selling you're in an industry. It would be advisable to approach it professionally right? cross all your Ts and do all you Is. Be on your Ps and Qs. Learn. Study the industry. Learn the system, learn the procedures, learn the rules and regulations. Read the small print. Know about marketing, branding, promotion. Break the obsolete and outdated moulds. Keep yourself updated. Be industrious. That's what I'm trying to do. That's part of my aim.



M stands for ministry. This is that word that is tossed about in religion and somehow is coded to mean "free" service. Service that you do for free but others do and get big cheques. Money is not the primary aim. I honestly do what I do out of passion and love and in the service of a greater purpose. I do my thing to uplift, inform and inspire but if what I do is of benefit to others it's ok to expect something back. The person serving burgers at McDs gets paid if they do their job. I want to serve and serve well. That's what I'm trying to do. That's part of my aim.



Look out for "The Frustrated Artist EP" dropping soon. I am simply using frustration as motivation to fuel my engine. Let's have a great year and create moments and memories that we will treasure and be thankful for at the end of the year! 




posted under |

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

PLTFRM SE7EN EP [SIDE A]

Deleted Scenes Mixtape

Outside My Bubble Mixtape [Side B]

Outside My Bubble Mixtape [Side A]

just as I AM: The Prequel [Special Edition]

Welcome to my world!

PLTFRM SE7EN [SIDE B]

The Frustrated Artist [Mixtape]

Made Em On My Phone [Outtakes]

Made 'Em On My Phone [Deluxe Version]

Skanksgivin' [Special Edition]


Recent Comments